Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Birthday Girl



Arrgh, it's an ugly birthday I'm celebrating tomorrow. Should I admit how hideously old I'll be? What the heck... I'm so old I've stopped caring. Sixty! Ach! How is it that I'm still the same person I was at ten? I see the world exactly the same way as I did then. Perhaps my political opinions are somewhat more liberal than that horrid little ten year old's, but other than that, no change. I even look the same. (Yes, I was quite a homely child.)



My sister Martha and her husband are coming over tomorrow to celebrate with us. I know Martha thinks we should be making more of a big deal of the day, but I prefer 'simple'. So I made a Pavlova, which I love, and I bought a nice little hazelnut-cream cake. We'll have that, I'll insist that they sing to me, and then they'll leave. I'm getting a new Canon digital camera from Peter. I like that. I've got two digital cameras already, a Hewlett-Packard and an Olympus, but I love the Canon cameras. They're wonderfully user-friendly and produce excellent pictures.

4 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Susan! You are old enough to know to celebrate your birthday just the way you like it, which means you will enjoy it more than otherwise, and you are young enough that I am sure it will feel like being 21!

Many happy returns. (from a fellow oldie!)

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Happy Birthday Susan!!

 
At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm a day late, but happy birthday! (I like your description: I'll insist that they sing to me, and then they'll leave. I imagine you screaming "Get out! Get out!" once the music dies.)

David's turning 60 this year too. So, it's not so old!

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Maxine, Kimmy and Debra! Yeah, it's old alright, Debra. Funny, I used to wear makeup - back when I didn't actually *need* makeup. I think it's time I reconsidered this 'wholesome and natural' look.

I love the picture with the cigar! She actually looks somewhat like my father did smoking a cigar, so there could well be a likeness to me :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home