Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008




Just want to show you my pretty table and the delicious dessert! It's a Pavlova - if you haven't had one you've missed the best dessert ever. I'll copy out my neighbour Rose's recipe for you:


Pavlova


Part-way through preparation set oven to 300 degrees F. When you put meringue in oven, immediately lower temp to 250 degrees.


4 egg whites, pinch of salt

1 cup berry sugar

1 tsp cornstarch

1 tsp malt vinegar

1 tsp vanilla


Beat egg whites and salt together 'til stiff enough to form peaks. Sift sugar and add slowly, beating at high speed until all the sugar is dissolved. (This takes a very long time...allow about twenty minutes). Fold in cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla.


Pile on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Form into a dish shape (8 or 9 inch diameter - it spreads a bit ) with slight depression in centre. Bake in bottom of oven for about 1 hour, until quite firm to the touch. Turn off oven and leave the Pavlova in to cool.


At serving time cover with whipped cream or Dream Whip, add berries of choice.





6 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Beautiful table! And, that recipe looks great too.

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kimmy. Funny, when I posted this I was thinking 'if anybody might try this recipe, I think it would be Kimmy'. I was tempted to write "Try it, Kimmy! I'm sure you'll love it", but I thought that would be pretty presumptuous, suggesting you'd even notice the posting (it's been so long between posts for me :-) )

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Kimmy said...

That is funny! I am glad I noticed the post, and I will definitely try out that recipe sometime. Thanks;-)

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Susan!

I'm having trouble noticing your posts because for some reason they're not being picked up by my feed reader. And yet your Sunday Salon posts are. I don't understand it. It's not a problem on your end, though.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Debra! Glad it's not a problem on my end...I don't need any more problems with my end :-0

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

Just come over here to see if you've posted anything recently and you have! I am now very, very hungry. It looks, or rather looked wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home