Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bad Poetry

I found a torn piece of foolscap when I was cleaning today. (It's obviously a long time since I tidied in that particular area!) Back in my daughter's high school years, I recall she had an assignment to write a poem patterned on the style of Frost's "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening". I always enjoyed assignments of this type... Okay, I'm not delusional - this is pretty bad. I had fun with it though and so I fished it back out of the wastebasket for one last airing:


That chicken looked a little pink
Maybe undercooked - ya think?
I have to make up some excuse
Salmonella sure would stink.

I'll stall for time and sip some juice
I'm sweating now, and it's profuse
I've got to think up some good lie
A ploy, a trick, or clever ruse.

Dessert is coming - apple pie
But instinct tells me, "say goodbye"
I don't need to tell them why
I don't need to tell them why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home