Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treat!


It's Hallowe'en and I've set out a large container of chocolate bars inside the front door. When I was a youngster, communities were teeming with children (post-war baby boomers). Hallowe'en must have been torture for the adults then. Today it seems that Hallowe'en has faded into memory. Even when my boys - now in their twenties - were trick-or-treating there were few children around. Now, there aren't any! We haven't had a trick-or-treater to our door in at least four years. I can't say that I really regret it. I never did think much of Hallowe'en. In the larger cities there are always 'home invasion' incidents reported - thugs taking advantage of people readily opening their doors. At least that isn't a concern here (yet), thank goodness.


It looks like I've got a big job ahead of me. I bought enough chocolate bars to serve a mob and there's no mob. I wouldn't want all that chocolate to go to waste!




1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet picture! We get loads of primary school age children (age 0 to about 10). When I got home from work last night, the huge vat of sweets I had bought had already vanished. Nobody wanted the mini-"little oranges", though.
(We call satsumas, clementines, etc "little oranges" generically, in our house, not sure why but we do.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home