Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Alice in Wonderland Decorates





My son Jon made the following observation last night: "Oh, Mom, I hope you never grow up!" This in response to my strange sense of humour. I give you an example of a small thing that pleases me...


The vase on top holds real roses, cut from my garden. The vase pictured below holds artificial flowers. Just to throw the boys off-balance, I scooped petals which dropped from the real flowers and placed them under the artificial. Childish, yes, but I love watching the faces while the strangeness percolates.






2 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Jan said...

Susan:
Sons give the nicest of compliments ( occassionally! )
One of mine, when he was about 4, said I had sparkly eyes and I've never forgotten!
Your compliment from Jon is just as lovely...

 
At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent whimsical touch. It has its own weird logic. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home