Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I have to face facts, if some (fool) were to do a movie of my life the best choice to play Susan would be Colin Firth in 'drag'. Not that I have a gender-identity problem, it's just that I see my nature as being a Colin Firth character. Decent enough, but lacking that external 'sparkle'.

This train of thought was set in motion by blog posts from Debra and Clare. Debra's is an amusing story about plumbing problems on a Continental Airlines flight. Clare's relates her discomfort hearing the activity of a wasp nest in her attic. My 'take' on both stories is so pragmatic and dull. What do I do? I am concerned about the effect on Continental's business and I consider the first step for dealing with a disturbing noise. It's funny, once I was a 'creative' sort of person. I think that the demands of dealing with life efficiently have turned me into a dray horse. Perhaps I should start drinking or something...

5 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I never think your comments are pragmatic or dull at all! You usually give a different take on life - and always a very entertaining one.

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, Clare, you're a kind and noble soul.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

If this post reflects your mind, it is a very interesting one indeed. Anyway, I find Colin Firth types to be fascinating people. Deep and considered.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are the most unlikely dray horse I have ever come across - your humour shines through.
Colin Firth? In drag? You could do worse than marry me!

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very nice ladies! Thank you so much for the kind words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home