Monday, April 02, 2007

Spring


Spring is a wonderful season of renewal - I love it. The daffodils are pretty much done now, but they're replaced with tulips and hyacinths, aubretia and camas.
The neighbours' yards are looking lovely, ours a little less so because Peter doesn't want any part of a garden. He wants to mow the lawn until his careful schedule of non-watering allows him to stop mowing in mid-summer.
I've been a somewhat unreliable gardener myself. I think if I didn't have so many sea-side aches and pains I'd probably do better. I do have a wonderful little shade garden at the front of the house, behind a stone wall. It has a narrow, meandering path and almost total shade even at the height of summer. I put in too many plants, I'm afraid, because I was impatient. There are kiwi vines, wisteria and climbing roses along a pergola. There's a carpet of violets that are just fading now, soon to be replaced by masses of lilacs overhead and lily of the valley intruding onto the path. One little nook has a bench and St. Francis, and a little further along the path a concrete bench is starting to look moss-y.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home