Saturday, March 24, 2007

What's For Dinner Tonight?

I'm taking a page from Kimmy's menu. (Take a look at her comment on Friday's dinner.) The salad topped with bacon, cheese, chunks of chicken, olives, etc. sounds perfect. I've got Romaine in the house, so I'll use that. I buy huge quantities of bacon at Costco and pre-cook it (400 degrees in the oven for ten minutes) then wrap it in packages of four strips and freeze. So the bacon is easy - it justs needs a minute or two on the skillet from a frozen state. Chicken's easy too. Sounds like a very nice meal for this time of the year.

That was so good, Kimmy! The olives and bacon really improved the flavours and the boys loved it.

2 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Glad I inspired your dinner for this evening;-)

We had a lot left over, so we had salad again tonight! It was so good and the perfect time of year for it, you're right.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Mmmm ... Can I come over for dinner too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home