Thursday, February 15, 2007

Twenty-Five Years!


Peter and I celebrated our twenty-fifth anniversary on Valentine's Day. We lead a very quiet, low-key life and our anniversary was perfect as far as we're concerned. We started the day with our usual Wednesday morning breakfast at the ABC Country Restaurant. It's a middle-of-the-road place, nothing very exciting but fair value and decent enough food. Our little waitress surprised us with a potted azalea and a lovely little photo album that is engraved "Twenty-five years of Friendship - Peter and Susan, 2007". The plant on our table served as something of a marker - I imagine Norma had explained to various of her co-workers that the gift and plant was for our twenty-fifth anniversary - so various of the restaurant staff came over to wish us a happy anniversary. We were really touched by the kindness. Our anniversary dinner was a shared plate of natchos at a little community pub. I enjoyed the day, I really did. I love not dressing up and not fussing. I love my wonderful, easy-going husband, my quiet, unpretentious life and our old familiar haunts. And, by the way, we don't always look as silly as we do in this picture.

12 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a really lovely photo, Mum. I can't believe you got Pete to pose for it, though!!

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Aw, sweet picture! And what a thoughtful waitress you had! Happy Anniversary!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Jan said...

Congratulations Susan and certainly not SILLY!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger dhamel said...

It sounds like you have a nice life.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely post and lovely picture, Susan. I am not a bit surprised at your local restaurant doing this for you -- you are a lovely person. Whenever I have a 25 year anniversary (which is not that far off both for my time at my employer and with Malcolm) I would like to have just that kind of day. Unpretentious and real.
Thank you for sharing, especially the lovely photograph.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy anniversary, both of you. I'll raise a small glass to 25 more.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Thank you Boo, Kimmy, Jan, Debra, Maxine and Minx!

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Congratulations - it's such a sweet, sweet photo. You can see the love!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Congratulations! That's a lovely picture.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Tom P. said...

Congratulations. Our 25th is two years away. Our plan is to go to Vegas and do our marriage vows with an Elvis impersonator.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Tom! What a great idea! If we ever go to the U.S. again (don't know if I want to cooperate with that passport nonsense) I think I'll try to talk Peter into a Vegas wedding with an Elvis impersonator too!. You'll need 50/60's-era costumes, won't you? What to wear, what to wear?!

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Confucious Trevaskis said...

Congratulations Susan........here's to many more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home