Saturday, January 06, 2007

Three Things

Douglas from Crossword Bebop has tagged me with the "three things" meme:

Three things that scare me: Noisy, crowded rooms; idiot politicians; bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Three people who make me laugh: Stephen Colbert, Woody Allen, Rodney Dangerfield.

Three things I love: My family, my country, and anything growing (mold excepted!)

Three things I hate: Idiot politicians, violence, messy bookkeeping.

Three things I don't understand: Narrow-minded people, bigotry, homophobia.

Three things on my desk: Digital camera, telephone, television remote.

Three things I'm doing right now: Breathing, typing, smiling.

Three things I want to do before I die: See our never-ending renovation finally completed, find my half-brother, get the house tidy.

Three things I can do: I can keep a secret. Boy, can I keep secrets! I'm keeping secrets for people both living and long-dead. I can do most things I'm interested in doing (fortunately I'm not interested in acquiring any Olympic medals or acting awards.) I can 'read' people instantly. If I was a fraud, I could get away with claiming to be psychic because I have the sometimes-uncomfortable ability to spot every twitch and know what people are thinking.

Three things you should listen to: My instincts, your own better nature, and common sense.

Three things you should never listen to: Other peoples' negative opinions - if you're going to come to a negative conclusion at least make sure it's your own; telephone salespeople; rude people.

Three things I'd like to learn: more about the computer, more about digital photography, how to paint.

Three favorite foods: Oranges, tomatoes, chocolate.

Three beverages I drink regularly: Tea, milk, and more tea.

Three TV shows/books I watched/read as a kid: Laura Ingalls Wilder, Norah Lofts, William Faulkner. TV: Meet McGraw, Riverboat, The Crusader

Three bloggers to tag: Tom at Random Thinking, Maxine from Petrona, and Kimmy from the Smug Cloud.

5 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jan said...

I love your reference to SECRETS; you must have set folk wondering!!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Thanks for the tag, I love these things!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Jan, the funny thing is that my best-kept secrets aren't of the 'state secret' variety. The secrets I'm so responsible with are boring little nothings, so insignificant to my mind that they would be easier to tell than the more important ones. As an example, my mother-in-law, dead now for a decade, told me a minor and even moderately amusing story. She prefaced it with "don't tell Pete (her son/my husband) this." I know that it wouldn't hurt to tell and Peter might even enjoy the story, but I'm not going to make that call.

Kimmy, I'm relieved that you're not cross with me over the 'tag'. I didn't dare tag Debra because she knows where I live! I figured Tom's a good Christian, he won't hate me, Kimmy's always been sweet and if I'm lucky I should be able to get away with bouncing one off of Maxine's head :-) Sorry Maxine! Ignore it if you want.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Tom P. said...

Back in Spetember I did this meme for my son, Mikey. You can read the results here:

http://www.downsyn.com/wordpress/2006/09/11/three-things/

Remember, Mikey is 9 years old and has Down syndrome and autism.

 
At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry it took me so long to do this, Susan:
http://petrona.typepad.com/petrona/2007/01/belated_three_t.html#more

Hope you are OK, you have been very quiet recently. I'm missing you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home