Sunday, January 21, 2007

Choices

Kimmy and Debra have recently been slavering over Kiefer Sutherland. Of course, I felt it my duty to be the voice of reason. I wouldn't be so rude as to point out Mr. S's deficiencies, but I did offer a much better alternative. All of this led me to give some serious consideration to mating preferences...

When we were children my sister and I played 'dressup' and we chose dressup husbands for ourselves. She chose Hugh O'Brien. I chose the ever-so-much-better Brian Keith. At the time our choices were limited by the celebrity pool we had access to - television stars. Let's play dressup right now!

Your choice is limited to 'public' people, people we can all recognize. Imagine yourself without that charming cookie who's sitting across from you at the table... Who would you choose? I think we need one further stipulation: You will have to imagine this as more than a 'one night stand'. Imagine yourself stuck with this person for at least five years.

At Kimmy's blog I commented on the attractiveness of Benjamin Netanyahu, but the 'stuck for five years' rule eliminates him.

When all is considered, I have to go for intelligence myself. My choice probably wouldn't make it to the final round in a beauty contest, but I could stand his company for five years. James Carville. (I'll take Netanyahu for the one night stand.) Now, who would you choose?

10 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

I'm thinking...

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And me...that five year rule is a bit of a killer though, isn't it? Do they have to be alive? I mean, living? No, on second thoughts, just alive...

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Brian Keith kind of goes along nicely with Netanyahu.... Though it's interesting that the latter has now been relegated to a one-night stand. You might be the only woman on this planet who thinks of him like this.

Gosh. People who leap to mind.... Michael Palin? Michael Caine? Oh, I'm drawing a blank here. I'm certain there are people I've said I'd leave my husband for, and now I can't remember who they were. Possibly Robert Urich, if he were still alive. If I remember who I'm in love with, I'll come back here.

Oh, duh! Rebecca reminds me: Anthony Field of the Wiggles!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Gosh, Girlfriend, we should go cruisin' for men together! We'd NEVER be after the same one.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Confucious Trevaskis said...

Can men join in?
It would have to be Isabella Rosellini.......I'm pretty sure I could stand her for 5 years.........unfortunately it's unlikely that she feels the same way about me...........

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Okay, I'm gonna go with Harry Connick Jr. He seems like a great guy and I could listen to him sing for 5 years straight!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Nice choice, Confucius! And Kimmy, I really do agree with you. He's a good one - talented, attractive and likeable.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Glad to see we can agree on one guy;-)

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger N. said...

I haven't your restraint: I am creeped out by Kiefer Sutherland's ear lobes. I can't get past them.

For my choices (and sadly I knew these answers immediately, becasue I've previously thought about this matter) would be Alan Rickman or Pierce Brosnan. Yes, older men with accents - I've a fetish.

(I surfed over via Petrona's blog, and then five other random links from UK base bloggers. I'm so happy to meet another BC blogger!)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by, alpha dogma! I tend to agree with your Alan Rickman choice...he does have something. Can't agree on Pierce Brosnan though; can't detect any real testosterone there. He's too bland and boyish. (I'm all about the testosterone.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home