Sunday, October 22, 2006

At war with himself - Newspaper Edition - Times Online

BBC1 will be presenting a biography of Rudyard Kipling on November 12. I hope the program eventually makes it to North America because I'd love to see it. There's an interesting article here: At war with himself - Newspaper Edition - Times Online

I know that Kipling seems 'old hat' to most people, but to me he represents all the qualities that made Britain "Great". He spent time here in Victoria many years ago and a nephew of his taught school here.

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Kipling, too. I also believe Frank Wilson of Books, Inq. does, so hope he sees your post when he gets back from his holiday, Susan.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Confucious Trevaskis said...

Interesting read Susan and a program to look out for.

Strangely enough, I recently gave my eldest son a copy of "If", during one of those rare moments when we existed in the same dimension. (He's at that in-between age of 16)

I think it's still relevant today, so definitely not "old hat" then......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home