Friday, September 29, 2006

Neighbours


The new neighbours haven't made much of an impression. Peter went out into the backyard and discovered the fellow chopping the top off a (previously) beautiful holly tree in our yard. The fellow's excuse - his wife said it was their tree. On our property!! I don't know whether I'm more unhappy or angry. I don't think the tree is going to survive because he cut it in half. It was an absolutely beautiful holly too.


I'm starting to get the feeling that perhaps this isn't my day... a little dog was just visiting and got so excited that he puddled on my shoe - while I was wearing it!

6 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well he does look suitably sorry!!

Hope your day picks up!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Marie said...

He looks angry!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger dhamel said...

I think he looks malevolent.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Tom P. said...

He looks more like something from Pokemon than a dog!

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our neighbours have just planted two trees, one in the front and one in the back, which hang seriously over our garden-- the front one you have to duck before you can get out of the house. I don't know whether to lop off the offending branches or to ask her why she planted them without mentioning it first, or just ignore it all. (I've opted for the last, easiest, option so far).

At least I have not been peed on although you shoudl see the state of our garden path when another neighbour's pigeons have been feasting on the very purple elderberries in our tree, then sitting there until the inevitable happens..

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Well, there's nothing wrong with trimming what goes over onto your property, Maxine! The problem I have with our neighbours is that the tree in question was *entirely* on our property. I wouldn't complain if they'd kept the trimming to their side. Now I'm fighting the urge to do some napalm pruning of my own. They've got massive amounts intruding into our yard... I could prune quite legally (though not so 'morally') and destroy a number of their established plants. They didn't even ASK! If they'd talked to us first, we'd have agreed to let them do some pruning, just not the butchery they did. Oafs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home