Saturday, July 22, 2006

Victoria



I live in Paradise. Lately Paradise has been as hot as the Other place, but nevermind, I love it here. Downtown Victoria reminds me of Disneyland these days, crowded with tourists. Shops stay open in the city centre late into the night and the tourists are all shopping. They say that there aren't quite as many American tourists this year, so I can't imagine where all these people are coming from. The pictures show the Empress Hotel and the inner harbour and causeway.

4 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks gorgeous Susan, isn't it nice to really appreciate where you live?

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful. it has long been my mother's dream to retire to victoria...

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Has your mother visited Victoria, Sian? I'm sure it wouldn't disappoint.

Minx, I lived in Vancouver, B.C. - a very big, busy city - before moving here, so I thank my lucky stars every day for finding a lovely man who happened to live in this lovely city.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

You are definitely on my holiday visit list, Susan, but although I cannot disagree about the undoubted beauty of Victoria, that would not be the main reason for any visit I managed to make, it would be icing on the cake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home