Sunday, July 02, 2006

Poetry With Teeth

Minx has another lovely poem here: The Inner Minx It's called "As Cotton". Now I'll ruin it by telling you about a fantasy that I have -- Minx' poem brought it to mind --

Years ago I was standing in a fairly crowded elevator when a man stepped in and stood in front of me, just a little closer than I thought was necessary. Throughout the ride, from the top of a very tall building to the ground floor, I stared at the back of his neck and thought about clamping my teeth into it! One of these days someone is in for a big surprise. It will almost be worth the nuisance with the police just to watch the excitement unfold, don't you agree?

4 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Susan, I share a love of necks, well my neck being bitten if truth be told, they get into a lot of my pieces of writing as well.
But you? Saucy wench!!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Susan said...

My fantasy is more along the lines of an attack, rather than a courtship, Minx! My wild Celtic ancestors left their mark. I'm talking bloodlust here!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Susan!!!!
This blog thing is bringing out your wicked inner self - loving it! But I think you have been spending too much time on English blogs - we're not as 'grey' as some would have it????
Celtic - Where?

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I would say 100% Celt, but there's likely some Pict in there too. All of the ancestors came out of Ireland, but there was at least one female, fourth generation back, who was a Scot. Some of them arrived here after pausing a while in England and/or Wales, and there were a few (my father one of them) who were quite disappointed to discover that they weren't in fact English!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home