Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Political Compass

You need to have a little time, but Political Compass is rather interesting. They have a lengthy questionnaire which they suggest is capable of defining you and where you stand politically. It may be a little better than the average because you'll find that your outcome isn't a 'pat' one. They have a graph which is divided into quadrants and Mr. Normal would presumably be at dead centre. Hitler's in the upper right somewhere, Ghandi's at the lower left. I came out close to Mr. Normal and far enough away from Hitler to be quite content. I registered just a little closer to Milton Friedman that Mahatma Ghandi and was quite happy to share the lower quadrants with them. My actual numbers were 0.75 to the right of centre on Economics and negative 2.21 (-2.21) on the Social Libertarian/Authoritarian scale, which is to say just a tiny bit Conservative on economics and moderately Liberal socially. That's o.k. No extremist, I won't lower your property values if I move in and yet I'm still likely to buy the Girl Scout cookies!

8 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Blogger Douglas said...

I scored Economic Left/Right: 4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62, patiently grazing on the south border of the northeast quadrant. More libertarian than President Bush and PM Harper.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Tom P. said...

I fell in the exact same spot as Gandhi.

Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08.

I'm not sure that captures me but I'll take it.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for playing with me, Tom and Douglas! It really is quite an interesting quiz, isn't it?

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is me:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.87

That puts me to the left of Gandhi but not as far left as Stalin. And I'm almost on the bottom as a Libertarian.

That makes me a Libertarian Leftie - according to them

And I thought I was just a human being - doh!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You're o.k. by me Skint, even if you are a little bit 'pink'! I think that in an ideal world we'd all be more like you.

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice link susan :)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

only a "little bit" pink, Skint, I am ashamed of you. (My theory being that in the USA, Genghis Kahn would be considered slightly mauve.)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

PS I know this is a Canadian blog;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home