Monday, June 26, 2006

Douglas over at Crossword Bebop has kindly invited me into a game. I'm not quite sure of the rules of the game - I don't even know what it's called - but the word 'meme' popped up.

Apparently I am required to name the character in a situation comedy who I would most like to be. This has been a very difficult assignment for me because I don't watch much in the way of situation comedies any more. I could probably respond quite quickly if you asked me to choose a character in a crime or forensics show! I've also got a problem because I can't think of a female to choose. So, with assurances to all that I am not suffering from any gender dysphoria, I'm choosing a male. I choose Bertie Wooster from the British sitcom "Wooster and Jeeves". Bertie was played by Hugh Laurie in his younger days and was a loveable fool, totally inept (you'll understand why I identify with him) and yet somehow always able to muddle through with help.

Now I need to 'tag' three other people, so I choose DEBRA , of course, and Skint, and Tom. You folks are supposed to do what I did. You write a post referring to me this time, choose your own character from a situation comedy and then tag another three people.

And Douglas, THANK YOU for the lesson on adding links!

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not too keen on memes Susan, they smack of chain letters, so I won't do a post on it but will tell you that I identify with this chap (the one on the left)

and sometimes this guy

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Douglas said...

You're most welcome Susan!

I'm amazed at the things Hugh Laurie has played in the course of his career. He was an outstanding dimwitted twit on BlackAdder, a caring, loving father in Stuart Little, and nowadays he's a star as the brilliant antisocial doctor on House.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home