Monday, June 05, 2006

the-deblog.com

Debra at the-deblog.com has an entry titled "Personal organizers: pen and paper just got better" that's very interesting. She points to a site that allows you to blend the convenience of a pda with the simplicity of a single sheet of paper. To be truthful, it looks somewhat intimidating to a technically-challenged person like myself, but I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Update: I screwed my courage to the sticking place and tried making a "PocketMod". I didn't even know if I had the right system requirements because I seriously do not have a clue! First time out I printed nicely outlined blank sheets because I didn't have the sense to realize that what you choose on the far left appears in the middle and you need to drag it over to the template on the right using your cursor. The nicely outlined blank pages left me in stunned silence for a moment, but I finally figured it out! This is such a neat thing! I've put the site into my 'favourites'. I noticed that they're asking for donations if you really like it - I think these folks may just see some of my money. I haven't tried the folding part yet, but I can handle origami, so I think I'll be able to handle this! Love it!!

3 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger dhamel said...

It's true that the folding of the paper is a little complicated at first blush, but really, we're just talking about a piece of paper here! Nothing to be intimidated by.

Also, I printed mine out at 98% because otherwise it was slightly too large, then I had to trim it to the margins outlined on the paper, if you see what I mean. Then it works well.

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea, now if I can stop it crashing Firefox . . .

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

Just use an old A5 office diary like I do and have for years, Susan. It has coexisted quite happily with childminder and feed routines with work meetings. Every Sunday Malcolm and I have a week planning session where we coordinate diaries and work out who is picking who up which day, etc, and my A5 always beats this high tech stuff any day. I laugh when I read this printing out paper stuff. I can lose anything! Especially a piece of paper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home