Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wasted Days

For the last two days my husband has been dragging me to car dealerships. I suppose we do need a new car. We're currently driving a 1989 Dodge Caravan that I would be ashamed to be seen in if I had any pride at all. But I don't. Our car is running just fine and that's good enough for me. I'm not sure why Peter suddenly decided it's time to abandon our ever-reliable little minivan. Oh, he had a sore back and decided that maybe it was caused by inadequate support in the car seat.

We started off looking at the new Grand Caravan 'Stow-n-go'. I'm an excellent shopping companion because the body language salesmen get from me is "not interested". That's because I really am disinterested. Anyway, the Grand Caravans are fine. It's quite nifty the way the seats can be stowed below the floorboard in order to create cargo space.

From the Grand Caravan we moved to something a little 'sportier' - a Mercedes convertible. The seats are perfect for Peter's back, but we'll have to keep our current minivan so that I'll still have space for the caseloads I buy at Costco. Interesting sequence of events...

That's alright. If he wants a sportscar he can have a sportscar. We're not 'wealthy' but we live such a quiet, simple life that we really can have whatever we want. The trick to having everything you want is to not want much. Personally, I'm happy as a clam. All I want is plenty of quilting fabric, books, and arts and craft supplies. Peter got such a deal when he found me!

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

I'm just like you. I don't care what it is so long as it gets from A to B. I also don't like driving, which pleases Malcolm a lot as he doesn't like being driven.

I am afraid to conforming to our sexual stereotype in thinking that the colour of a car is the best bit. Apparently, "we" have been thinking of buying a new car for a year or so now (as our car is something like 5 years old which seems to be considered old), so I have said "fine by me so long as I can choose the colour". When we drive anywhere now I look at the colours of the cars I see out of the window -- I am currently keen on a sort of deep-sea metallic azure blue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home