Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ma & Pa

Well, now that y'all know that my husband and I are a pair of latter-day Ma and Pa Kettles... Does anyone remember Marjorie Main and Percy Kilbride as "Ma and Pa Kettle"? I loved those movies when I was young. (They were old movies even then, shown on television in the 1950's and 60's). The series started when Ma and Pa were introduced as supporting characters in the movie "The Egg & I". They were a loveable pair of rustics, living in squalor with a family of happy, scruffy children. I loved how Ma cleared the table, sweeping everything onto the floor with one arm! She served as my model for housekeeping!

1 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger Douglas said...

I remember the Kettles, but only in retrospect. I remember seeing the movie where they were selling the farm because it had uranium on it.

I've seen Marjorie Main in "Summer Stock" and "The Harvey Girls." She wasn't much of an actress, as she was the same person in every movie, but she was a humorous character.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home