Tuesday, May 23, 2006



I've enjoyed seeing the pictures that other bloggers post, so I think it's only fair to give you a clue what I look like. Sadly, I'm not very photogenic - never have been - so I can't slip in an old picture! With limited options, I chose this fuzzy shot. There is something I like about this picture though...the painting in the background has an interesting story and even though the subject (Romulus and Remus at the gates of Rome) wouldn't normally be my choice, this picture means quite a lot to us. My husband's grandfather was a professional photographer and his grandmother a painter and photograph colorist. The painting is a joint effort of Margaret and Gus Maves. I think Margaret probably painted most of it (it's actually not quite complete) and Gus served as the model for all the male figures in the painting. Somewhere in this house, in a trunk I haven't looked through, are nude photographic studies of the old fellow. You can understand why I haven't looked through all those trunks - I don't really want to find naked pictures of Peter's grandfather! He was obviously a fine figure of a man though. Anyway, interestingly enough, the naked fellow holding a shield who's visible on the right side of my head is an absolute dead-ringer for my younger son, Jonathan (also a fine figure of a man!)

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

Susan, you are beautiful! I love what you look like.

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so kind, Maxine! You're moving to the top of my Christmas card list!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home